Thursday, June 23, 2011

Time for Adventure

An adventure of my dreams.
The road awaits. Which road? Route 66
The original dream of driving Route 66 was to start in Chicago and drive all the way to Santa Monica Pier. So, the next best thing will be to start in Amarillo on the infamous 6th street, historic Rte 66, and former home of a business I owned and ran for 3 years in my younger days.

The reason for the adventure at this time?
A Bigger Adventure
which requires me to leave my vehicle with my oldest son, for I will have no need for it and no place to park it for at least two years.
So, to Seattle I trek, via Route 66 and the Pacific Coast Highway with stops in between.
Tomorrow I travel to Lubbock to see friends and drop off some items for safe keeping.
Hopefully I will leave very early and arrive around lunch time.
With two weeks to get there and another week before I fly back, much fun and excitement will ensue.

1 comment:

lou said...

Sounds like a great adventure. I love to drive cross country.