Thursday, November 14, 2013

Reconstructing My Life

My little house on the prairie is coming right along
at a snail's pace. Which may be the case for the rest of my life.
Change takes time.
Change takes money.
Change takes willingness to accept change.

Humans, for the most part, fight change.
I know I do.



As I plan the steps and the order of what to "do" next is constantly changing,
the revelation of how it is the same as my life came to mind.

When I first came over to the Sand Box, I had a number of years in mind (5) and a monetary amount affixed to my thinking of when this adventure would end.

Last week… after getting a restoration bid (way more money than I will pay for a restored kitchen, but I will have a professional do the bathroom)  for my little house on the prairie, the re-evaluation of my original thinking began.

I work half as much as I did in Texas. I work just as hard, or harder, but half as much time is spent at my work.
My pay is more than any job I had in Texas, and my housing is paid for.
THAT IS ALMOST TWICE WHAT I MADE IN TEXAS.
So that is twice as much compensation for half as much time.

Why am I counting the years or the monetary amount? Silliness.

This adventure will end when it is time for it to end.
Hopefully I will have a beautifully restored home and a fat bank account when it does, but just as everyone's ideas of "what is in store for me next" changes,
so does life, and here, in the shifting sands, it can happen before you know what hit you.

In the mean time, it is time to reconstruct me. Letting my hair grow out in it's natural color for the first time is nearly 30 years (started going gray in my early 20's). Finding my new hobbies which can be followed in any country in the world, and revising my musical enjoyment that has gone to the wayside and is not healthy for me.
It isn't that I don't want to return to my home country, state, or town, I just want to make the most of this adventure called life and see where it goes without the previous preconceived notions of what it has to be, or what it can't be… It can be whatever we make of it.

I will ride these sand dunes as long as they will let me…

What will you do?






1 comment:

Unknown said...

I guess I am destined to following you from afar.