Thursday, September 8, 2011

Very Long Day


At the end of the day
all that matters
is crisp, yet soft, white linens, caressing my freshly showered, tired yet exhilarated body, as I nestle in with a mountain of soft, downy pillows and fall asleep...
Doesn't really matter where you are in the world, you can still get so tired that you just want a familiar spot or reminder, to let you know this new life is not a dream.
Out my window is a nighttime scene that brings me peace and serenity.

The day started with a wake up call a mere 4 hours after my restless night began. Somewhere in the mix, there was last minute packing, saying goodbye to all the great people at the hotel I was leaving, boarding a bus for a 3 hour ride into the Western Region, pizza in desert, an informative meeting of what to expect over the next week. A lively dinner,  reasonably priced, with pool tables and darts... felt like home and that was a very good thing. A shower and sleep.
Today I will try out the pool and the beach.
There is so much less going on now, for a bit, I will write more often. 

No comments: