Saturday, November 3, 2012

Saving for a Rainy Day


 Early this morning I woke thinking it was much earlier than I usually wake up, as the room was not yet bright and shiny like a new penny. It was dull but still light.... wait, what is this? A cloudy day. Oh what a lucky girl am I, for a cloudy day happens less than the number of fingers on one hand. 
Even when it does rain, it is usually at night or early in the morning and today, it was just that. Or so it appeared when I went out to the car to drive to the ADNOC (read as corner store, 7-11 etc). The windshield was my only clue as there were visible remnants of where droplets landed. You see, when it does rain, it is so dry here that you cannot tell shortly afterwards there was any rain at all. 
While driving I found my gaze moving upwards to the billowing clouds and one side of the island appeared dark and foreboding. Hmmm, after dropping my milk by the apt. and picking up my camera, a short trek to the other side where in the distance I could see a rain shower. The picture doesn't really do it justice, but as I walked along looking around at the sky for cool clouds and the ground at the black sand that has accumulated I heard faint rumblings, and they were not coming from my stomach. 

It is amazing how very insignificant (at times in your life) things in life can make you so happy. 
A cloudy morning for sleeping in (read a book for 2 hours in bed after I woke up) 
Billowing clouds of white, gray, blue and everything in between. 
Mica in the sand appearing blue instead of shiny black as it reflected the sky instead of the sunlight. 
A bagful of sand to take home.
Thunder, fresh air, a little lightning. 

It was a wondrous morning. 





What do you see in the last picture? 









I see Santa Claus. 

No comments: