Friday, October 18, 2013

Foodie Friday

Stress relief in cooking. Others often tell me it makes them more stressful, but for me it just takes my thoughts to something simple... food. This morning I saw this great idea for breakfast.


So I started with knowing I didn't have any spinach, but I did have bacon, smoked salmon, English muffins, and enough eggs to make poached eggs and hollandaise sauce. 

Here are the pictures in progression and the final product. Not quite as beautiful as the one above, but still very tasty. 

The eggs here are that much orange-er than eggs in the states, and much tastier too. 
 Fresh lemon juice for the hollandaise

Melting the Ghee
Plate garnish and a bit of flavor to add to the dish. 
Not as much as salmon as in the inspirational picture but still just as tasty. 
Mixing in the ghee



Toasted the muffins with cheese and smoked salmon to prepare them for the eggs and sauce. 
It has been a long time since I poached eggs but I thought they turned out pretty well. 


They were enjoyed by all brunch guests...
The hollandaise would have been better if I had not used ghee and had used unsalted butter, but I didn't have any.

No comments: