Saturday, October 12, 2013

Home Sweet Home

I bought a house.
I bought a house a year ago.
I have yet to live in the house.
I probably won't live in it until it is paid for (5 year note), but shhhh don't tell anyone that it is not occupied at the moment.

In the mean time, I am updating, remodeling, refurbishing it.

It is a small house.
It is a small cozy house, just the right size with plenty of land for crazy ideas.

Here is my house when I bought it.


It has a red roof now. One day it will have newly painted trim. I haven't decided on a color yet. I did choose the red roof because it felt like that should be the color of an original stucco farm house. When the previous owner gave me a set of pictures of the house, low and behold, the roof was red when she bought it. 

So among my many ramblings, there will be stories of my house and the trip we are making together to become my oasis, when I leave the Sahara for another one. 

See, just looking at this picture I get excited about all the possibilities, without taking away from the original style and grace of a handmade home by a local man who married one of the girls of the town's namesake family. 
Welcome to my home. 


No comments: