Sunday, November 29, 2015

It is Mine, all MINE, well after 24 payments it will be…

So, last Sunday (a week ago), I came home from work (work week is Sunday to Thursday), tired, but I had everything in place to pick up my new car.
The anticipation and excitement were lack luster. I thought about putting it off a day… but then the salesman called and asked when I would be there.
I am on my way to pick up paperwork from him and come back home to meet a friend who knows where the UAE version of the DMV is. She meets me out front and we are off to get the license plates. A number machine and 3 counters later, we have the plates (no choices on numbers or style) and are on our way to get the car.
It is dark, just after 6 pm and the next step was the hardest. I had to sit and listen to all the great service that will come with the car before I was able to sit in it.
An eternity, ok, an hour, ok, 20 minutes later I finally was in my car, looking over all the amenities and getting to know it.
Finally, I pulled out of the dealership and onto the street, thinking… OMG what have I done now? I am finally settling into life in Abu Dhabi. What can I say, I am a late bloomer.
My friends who want me home, don't get too discouraged, things change on a dime here, and you never know what is around the corner. I will be home before you know it (after 24 payments).

No comments: