Saturday, January 2, 2016

Happy January the Second

I feel like I missed New Years Day.
I was traveling all day. Which brings me to my latest AHA.

I love traveling by train.
During the last two weeks I was able to travel from Prague to Budapest in a sleeping car on an international train. Actually it wasn't a sleeping car, it was a "couchette" with 6 mini beds and 5 other people to go in them. Actually we were lucky and there was only 5 of us in the car so we had a place for our luggage. It could have been a bit more cushiony, but I have to admit, I slept great.

I also traveled from Budapest to Vienna, where I learned a very important lesson. When you book a train, make sure you also RESERVE a seat. I was caught without a place to sit and sat on the steps by the door for most of the ride. Not the best but certainly not the worst… which brings me to…
The best experience was a First Class ticket from Vienna to Prague. I actually wished the ride wasn't over yet when it was time to get off the train.

So I don't remember the last time I DID NOT eat black eyed peas for luck on New Years, but I didn't have them this year. I may start a new tradition of riding a train on New Years day. Or I may just call a day in the next week my New Years Day and make a pot of them.

#1 Resolution- write blog post more often (goal is daily).

No comments: