Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Murphy's Law

For as many years as I have not lived in the Texas Panhandle, it was a given where I would be on just about every school holiday. My boys and I would travel to see and spend time with my mother, whose nickname was Ya.
Having lost her to cancer two years ago, I haven't, or should I say, we haven't had a holiday, of any kind, that felt like a true holiday. Now having said that... the friends that have been so wonderful to have me join them for holidays need to know that I truly enjoyed them... they were just different.
This year, as amazing as it still seems... I am not in the US or now affectionately referred to as "the states", but on the other side of the world in, what seems at the moment as "the endless summer".
My co-workers ask on a regular basis "Are you going home for Christmas?" and I have vacillated back and forth. I want to go home AND I want to see the world while I am on another continent, and see other continents as well.
One friend is going to India and the trip looks amazing and affordable. I was contemplating it until I heard my own voice while talking to a friend about it... and I was saying how it looked amazing, esp. for a 15 day trip. I remember while on my trip to Turkey, where we rarely stayed "still" for a second and we had a few nights in a row in different cities, it felt like we were constantly moving with luggage in tow. So 15 nights, each in a different spot to sleep didn't sound fun to me...
Back to my original thought of going to Germany for the Christmas markets and then on to the states with a return flight at the end of the holiday. I priced it and it was a 500 dollar difference in flights, so that doesn't seem like a huge cost for a flight to Germany and much less expensive than a round trip ticket.

Today I received an email from Southwest Airlines for the lowest fares I have seen since....  I don't know when. So I clicked on the link... and it won't load.
I click on another link,.... and it won't load.
I google Southwest .com and ... you guessed it... it won't load...
so I watch a show and wait for lunch hour in the Central Time zone to be over... thinking they are just busy...
because, once I am in "the states" i.e. the GREAT STATE of TEXAS, I would like to fly to three cities, Lubbock, San Antonio and Corpus Christi and cheap flights would be wonderful, otherwise I might be renting a car and driving.
and now,
now that is late night here, (for me after 9 is late)
and after lunch in Texas,

yes, you guessed it....
the page won't load, and no matter what link I use, it ain't happening tonight...

Murphy's Law, I made a decision and now it isn't executable... well,
at least
Not Tonight

I will try again in the morning...
don't you dare buy up all the tickets before I get one...lol

1 comment:

Cindy Talbot said...

Yeah, it is working 6 hours later, but most of the dates I wanted to fly are not covered by the promotion... c'est la vie, Murphy!