Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Wrong, In All The Right Ways

What a day.
Blaming it on Solar Flares...
Yes, Yes I am.

Some days you are the windshield, some days you are the bug.

Today was a buggy day.
So after having a bowl of potato soup and cruising my favorite websites, I turned on the TV. Chose to channel surf today. Stopped on a couple of show channels and nothing caught my interest. So then I chose VH1 and Pink started Raising a Glass to me.
It truly was the beginning of a flash back.
When I was 19 or so, MTV came on for the first time. It was, of course, all the rage. There was Martha Quinn and all my favorite songs with outrageous videos (for the time).
The one night that is extremely memorable was spent watching MTV with Robert Lockwood at one of his friends house.
We had been to the Paramount Club in Amarillo TX, dancing and having fun. After the club closed, we went to his friend's house to hang out. I can even remember what I was wearing, black jeans, and a hot pink and black striped shirt that was a knit pullover, with a plunging V-neck and puffy-topped long sleeves.
I only knew Robert a few days before this night and a few days later he moved to Japan with a bunch of marines.
I have thought of him many times over the years and always wondered "what if"... man I really made a mistake in losing him...

And then the conversation I had with my son this afternoon came to mind. We joked about making all our mistakes early in life so we could have them out of the way and not worry about doing stupid things, or making mistakes that hurt others later in our lives.
It really made me laugh. I wish it were true. Life would be so much simpler if it was.
So, yeah... the universe is talking to me today, and apparently, my son and others in my life as well.

What is the universe showing you today?

oh and the title of the post is from "Raise Your Glass" by Pink. It is a really cool song and a great video. 

No comments: